Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 31 - Healing Day 1 - Could be graphic...

I could also name this "the lost day". I didn't get a wink of sleep last night until about 6 am.

The itching and the burning kept me up, applying cold compresses and Aquaphor. Unfortunately, this makes you an itchy, gooey mess. My face was sticking to the pillowcase (which you go through many of when you do this) As a result, I think I dropped off about 6 am and napped until about 1 pm. The day goes pretty fast when you do that, with it starting to get dark already at 2:30 in the afternoon. (cloudy and grey outside).

After slopping on this vaseline-like product called Aquaphor several times overnight, THIS is how dry my skin was this am on my forehead.

I had a shower and let me tell you, I could very easily live in there right about now. Once the skin gets moist it doesn't crack and hurt and I get some relief. Several minutes out and the tightness starts again.

While I was in there, I gently tried exfoliating as much as I could without rubbing my skin raw. The skin was coming off in chunks. It's no wonder my chin doesn't have any sensation, the dead skin there is similar to the heel of my foot.

I got out and immediately put more Aquaphor on it. It still hurts, but not nearly as much as without it.

On one of my visits to the washroom last night, I noticed several dark spots appear that are dried blood that has scabbed over. They just seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm assuming these are the nastiest bits that we're trying to kill off. This one here is located close to that white spot where my first AK was burnt off a year or so ago.



1 comment:

  1. Delicious!!!

    lol

    Speaking of delicious, can't wait to see you on Friday for dinner! xoxoxo

    P.S. Be careful how long you stay in the shower - I know it feels good, but water on your body rather than in your body dehydrates you. Drink lots of water! xo

    ReplyDelete